Passages

This blog has one purpose. It is to provide my Grandchildren a place of inspiration, a place that reminds them of their Indian ancestry. Recipes herein are a passage to India, and I trust, will journey the reader to the glorious flavors and aromas of the Andhra kitchens.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Welcome

I've started this blog so that people can keep track of my progress on my cookbook Passages


The book has one purpose. It is to provide my Grandchildren a place of inspiration, a place that reminds them of their Indian ancestry.

Recipes herein are a passage to India, and I trust, will journey the reader to the glorious flavors and aromas of the Andhra kitchens.

Andhra with its temperate climate, varied topography and abundant water is home to a wide variety of vegetables and fruits. Andhras always known for innovation (for example, Cyderabad is the new name of Hyderabad) are inventive cooks as well.

Extended families and communal kitchens make many of the dishes practical for every day. Many keep well without refrigeration thanks to use of turmeric

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger v_tel001 said...

namaskAraM U.V.Subba Rao gAru!

ee blog choosi chala santosham ga vundi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home